Followers

Monday 18 June 2012

Waiting for Mr. Right

I saw a picture on facebook some time ago, and since i couldn't get the exact one, the above picture is the closest i could get. Similar wordings. I read the comments beneath and most of what i saw shocked me to the core. I doubt it would shock you. People were of the opinion that if you're still single and waiting for Mr. Right, you'll grow old doing that, as the picture insinuates.
I do not believe in making unrealistic expectations of what a prospective husband should look or be like, but i believe that there is someone out there for each person. You could say everyone has a Mr./Miss Right. I think the problem is how this concept has been defined over the years. I would say that i've found my Mr. Right when i meet someone who is capable of loving and accepting me for who and what i am, a man who believes in me and is strong enough to recognise his and my flaws, a man who forgives his and my past and is strong enough to forge a future of marital bliss with challenges that will be overcome.
So you see, waiting for the right person isn't so bad afterall, it's not unrealistic. I think because we are scared of being left on the shelf, we settle for every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes our way. Please, please let's wait. Let's prepare ourselves.
To the ladies
Lets prepare ourselves inside and outside. Let's make sure we are ready physically, spiritually and socially. Be ready Spirit, soul and body. Become God's best while you wait. You'll never have this much alone time again.
“A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.” ― Maya Angelou
To the gentlemen
You'll never be on thaT 10/10 scale you want to be on before marriage, so quit trying. Just get the basics and trust God to handle the rest. Every woman wants a strong man of God, who is self dependent and confident in himself. And please, when you find us, don't delay so much in asking :)
I know this is a very wide topic, all i really want to communicate here is that Mr. Right isn't the perfect person he's made out to be, rather the things he'll be for you. So let's change our mindset, you won't grow old waiting for your God ordained. Though he may tarry, he will surely come!
Next time, i'll tell you about what i'm facing right now.
Clue: Mummy, Aunties, Concerned Mummy's friends... I'm sure you guessed right! :)
Love, happiness and friendship,
Miss Mashinka
Tseluyu

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. Mary you are so freaking hilarious.
    I ain't picking Miss Right until i'm 10/10. Marriage is a journey of a life time and going in unprepared is just casting the die for untold woes to come. Yes, you are right that there is no such thing like Mr Perfect.At the same time it will be stupid for any Mr Right to go into one without being 10/10. They must strive to be 100/10. For me i can't until am 10/10 let alone bring a child into this world that is so shaky and unpredictable without striving to guarantee the personal well being of my intended spouse and future child.

    I have seen marriages crumble for very ridiculous reasons but the thing all of them having common is going unprepared,settling for less.

    It's good to find that someone that makes you happy but i bet you,human beings place values on trivial things and on the long run,those things become more predominant than happiness itself.

    Riches become values and vogue becomes happiness. When it gets to this stage, haha its divorce lol.

    At this stage all sort of lies spin off,you hear your better half seeking for breathing space in a marriage both of you are suppose to coexist with each other and draw strengths/find happiness with each other.

    Secrets are kept from each other and the division begins.

    Ha i 've seen and heard so many stories. I'm an example myself.

    The lesson is never go in,if you are not 10/10. Also never settle for less. I say it again never ever settle for less

    Checking out from the states
    Hack3rton

    ReplyDelete