Followers

Monday 3 January 2011

Simply Me

I feel down at the moment. And I feel bad for feeling down. I struggle to remind myself that I'm only human. Yes, I know His grace is sufficient for me, but how do I stop myself from sinking deeper?

Okay, I took a break from writing this. And in that break, someone just lifted my spirits. You know how you're most comfortable with old friends? Well yes, I just had the opportunity of being myself. Just Mary. Period!!! Not Sister Mary, Worship leader Mary, Fellowship leader Mary, Big sister Mary, Daughter Mary, Student Mary, the endless Mary's. Feels refreshing.

By the way, I love all the Mary's that I am and I thank God, I just itch to be the young Junior Secondary School Mary sometimes. The one who lived in a less complicated world. Hmm... Time they say, waits for no man. I guess time has caught up with me and its time for me to run, run to keep up with time.

What can I say? Life is good. Some don't have half of what I do. And I don't mean material things. Love, memories, family etc. Infact, I'm going to say a quick prayer.

Lord, I thank you for having me in mind to create
I wonder where I'lld be if not for your grace
Thank you for life, love and family
Thank you for simply being you
I don't and will never regret the day I said Yes to you
Your stability is amazing
I could go on and on and still that won't be enough to thank you
So all I'm going to say is

I LOVE YOU

Case closed!!!

4 comments:

  1. Mary, I truly love this and it's just so true from a pure heart of being sincere...Love the title, it portraits the level of sincerity..
    Thanks for reminding me a whole lot..I love you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, Mary, it's such a great read. We must not get to a place in life and forget how to have fun, be real, & vulnerable! There ain't many in our lives today that we can let our guard down in front of them for fear of being judged! Inspite of all the Mary's mentioned (and rightly so too), there is another Mary that needs to break away from the expectations people have of other Mary's and just be herself without sinning! When am around ur Dad I let my guards down and simply be myself without the fear of being judged, which I know you also can testify to.

    You know what darling there are many in this world who have only lived according to others expectations, but never really to God's. It can be daunting and demanding when you always feel you need to fit into those Mary boxes you mentioned to satisfy people's expectations.

    Love your writing style daughter. Keep them coming. The Lord bless you and keep you. May He order your steps and priorities.

    PT

    ReplyDelete