Followers

Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year

I think I should wish you all a very Happy New Year first. Its the second day of the month and God has been faithful. In the last week or more, typically, almost everyone has said something about the new year, either to someone or on facebook, twitter and on their bbms. Well, I haven't.
Here's me thinking, 'December rush' Everyone trying to get right with God. By the way, church was filled to the brim during the cross over service. Filled with people who normally don't come to church. As a fellow human being, I understand the need to be in church as the new year enters. They say, 'Omo mehn as 12 go nak, I gats be in church, you know, to thank God for the year'. Good, a very religious statement. It looks good on the surface. In my opinion, God is just shaking His head and saying, 'Let me just accept this thanks'. As I was saying, these people left at quarter past 12, when service hadn't ended. Seriously!!! And God is supposed to honor that. (I'm not condemning them, what's funny is that the next time you'll see them in church is the next 31st of December. Well, I should just end this matter on this note, God is not mocked.
Forgive my diversion. I'm continuing from where everyone was talking about the new year. I wanted to say/write something too, but I wanted to mean it. I saw things people wanted to do, habits to drop, promises to God etc. As of today, I don't have any new year resolutions, this doesn't mean I don't have plans for the year or things I want to change, but I'll rather not tag it now, so I don't break them. The truth is 95 percent of people won't keep them. So I'm taking it month by month. (This may not apply to you, you just might be in the 5 percent minority).
Of all the statuses I read on facebook, 2 I loved. And I'll share.
- 'No speeches, no essays. 2011, let's just do it. The year of shut up and do'.
Lol... I absolutely loved it, its self explanatory. The second,
-' Beloved what 2010 did not do 4 u 2011 will neither do. D question is wot r u willing 2 do 4 urself? U av made resolutions after resolutions & by March u r burnt out! Ask God wot His resolutions 4 u is? Dis will b the key to ur success. Don't live other people's visions, walk in other people's paths, work wit other people's instructions not specifically meant 4 u. God's eternity is the answer to our problem with time.'
Simple!!! This is why I don't do resolutions, I burn out by March. I just try to take it a day at a time, praying and asking God to reveal His plans for me. Would you rather live out your resolutions or God's resolutions for you. Think about it.
I know you must have been clogged with themes for the year and all etc. 'My year of divine favor', 'My year of increase' etc. I respect that. What I'll say on this is that I pray that this new year, I will and people will not just know, but understand who Christ really is, and develop a relationship with him. I pray also for grace to love God more, not for what he has done, what he'll do or what I want, just for who He is. Simple!!! Most of all, to base all I feel for God, all I do this year on the word of God. It never fails. When your relationship with God is on point, it will be your year of everything. Favour, substance, grace, everything!
So so much to say, but I'll be back.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

6 comments:

  1. People need to understand that everything wont just go well in 2011 just becos they came to murmur some words 10mins to the new year. GOKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goke is right but we should know that repentances is more of remorse and also not going back to that same stuff you don't want to do i.e our so call resolutions...I sometimes think this people are only been afraid that they wouldn't make it into the new year.. wanting to know God more should be our main concern and not thinking of the benefits that follows before serving Him..
    To me, i think that having the consciousness of always burning out in march makes you feel bad and will activate your subconscious mind to burn out at that particular time or around that season. I think every believe should always pray and understand that committing it to God will help a great deal... i like that part of you loving God not because of what he has to offer or what you want to get but because of the love you have for HIM.. i pray that God's love upon us will help our lives reflect the beauty of Jesus everyday as we live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. I just personally think that it shouldn't be termed 'new year resolutions'. Tagging it just puts that pressure on you. I'lld rather put them into prayer head on, than turning it (the things I want to do and habits to drop) into a ceremony. And then again, we all have different opinions. May God help us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen.
    Most times we make religion out of it or should i say head knowledge, must we always get to say one thing or try to drop an habit and then at the end of the day we find ourselves doing all what we don't want to do or not doing what we say we want to do.
    One thing I know for sure is that God puts those desires in our heart and he alone can help us get it done or achieved. Everything still points back to God, i.e trusting him whole heartily. But he still wants us to write them down which is as a sign of covenant or agreement between us and Him. Yeah everybody is entitled to his or her oppion which sometimes work for his or her. but the truth is judging ourselves each day from or by God's standard.
    Thanks dear

    ReplyDelete